Step 1: Complete a criminal background check online, and email completed form to Jose Hernandez at email@example.com.
Criminal Background Application Form - Archdiocese of San Antonio_English
Step 2: Take the Coaching Coaches Online Training program. There is a fee of $24.95 that you must pay.
Step 3: Take the Protecting God's Children (OVASE) Online Training program, which is free.
Quick Steps for online training:
1. Create login and password
2. Enter your personal information
3. Select ministry location (Parish of CYO program)
4. Select your ministry and identify yourself as a CYO coach
5. Click "no" for already attending a Virtus Protecting God's Children course
6. Select training date for live training or scroll to bottom to choose the online course (allow 24 hrs upon completion to receive your certificate)
Step 4: Once the above steps are completed, take your complete Coaches Training Certificate and OVASE Certificate to the CYO Office located at 2718 W Woodlawn to take your picture and get your badge. Their office hours are Monday thru Friday, between 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
***Please note that your coaches badge must be worn in order to be on the field and/or gym. Failure to do so will no allow you to participate as a coach.